Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Holy Blogs, Batman


Ok -so is one new post a month too much? I just don't want to overload the reader. :)
Well, it has been a pretty incredible start of the year. I seem to have found myself in an awesome place. So many people I've met here have lived in Bakersfield all their lives. That says something really cool about this place....and it really comes down to the people. Some of them have even moved away and then missed it so much they moved back.
Because I'm also the Small Group Pastor, I've been visiting most all of the Small Groups. This has meant being out almost every night of the week. It's been exhausting at times. But it's also been awesome to meet so many people. As an outsider coming into the church, my one word description, because of this inside look, is "healthy".
It makes a lot of sense because the Pastoral staff is also incredibly personable and loving.
Some of the office staff, however, are pranksters. I was sending a thank you note to a family that had me over for dinner. At one point in the evening, their little boy came out dressed as Batman, to our surprise. So on my thank you note's return address, I put "Batman".
Rachel, one of the secretaries, noticed this, and put a Batman logo on the back of my jacket. I didn't see it -and went to the grocery store on my way home. I didn't really understand the funny looks in the store until I got home and took off my jacket. Don't think I'll be shopping there for awhile.

No comments: