Thursday, March 1, 2007

Think Blue




Last year I became a baseball fan all over again attending several games with Gary. The Dodgers had a great year and I think they might even have a better one this year. Their pitching suffered a bit so I guess they've brought on about 347 great pitchers. Today they start the exhibition season with the Braves. Maybe this year I'll get an autographed baseball card of the lady who plays the organ. She's great.
Just had to mention this. Today I found out that Dottie, a lady in our church, her father played baseball with Babe Ruth. His name was Red Adams and he pitched for the Chicago Cubs in 1946 and later became a pitching coach for the Dodgers. How cool is that?!

2 comments:

Sheri Leming said...

Hey Paul,
What an amazing blog! Seems like we were just there! We'll have to go to even more games this year, although I don't know how they're going to get all 347 pitchers into the game at once.

GO BLUE!!!
Gary

Pastor Paul said...

Maybe one per pitch. :) Especially on those games that go 15 innings. This year I'm gonna have to actually guy a Dodger dog. I may have to skip a week's worth of meals to pay for it -but it'll be worth the sacrifice.