Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Christine

Yesterday I attended a funeral for the little sister of my friend Dennis Luce. Christine died a day after her 35th birthday. She was on horseback and had an accident which caused pressure and swelling on her brain. The brain damage was too severe and now she's with Jesus.
I'd like to ask you to keep my friend Dennis in your prayers...as well as Christine's husband, Mark, and her parents, Bob and Janice. Also, Christine has a 17 year-old daughter, Susannah. She gave a beautiful tribute at the service.
A website is being constructed as a tribute to Christine. http://www.weloveyouchristine.com/
There's nothing quite like a funeral to remind you of the really important things in life. Two things that I thought of especially yesterday were to keep short accounts (not holding onto your hurts)...and to express your love to people more often. I think if we really did those things, life would be far less complicated than we often make it.

No comments: