Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Matt's Jazz Band


Last Saturday I went to a Jazz Band Festival to see Matt Short's jazz band in action. They were terrific! And I give them extra points for playing so well in front of -not only an audience of friends and family members, but three judges ready to critique them after the performance.
The judge that spoke to their band had some great things to say. One point that stood out for me was her advice for each of them to find a successful artist of their particular instrument and listen and try to emulate some of the things that they're doing.
Dr. Charles Blair recently gave the same type of advice from our pulpit. He said we should study why people in the Bible were successful in their walk -and also study why others failed.
One of the successful ones was certainly Paul who followed the most successful One who has ever walked the planet.
Paul said in 1 Corinthians 11:1-2, "Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ. I praise you for remembering me in everything and for holding to the teachings, just as I passed them on to you."

No comments: