Saturday, November 1, 2008

The Arrival

Well, the flight to Tahiti was great. I sat next to a man who works for the Royal Opera in London. He is taking a year off to travel -and was actually considering taking another. (!) He says anyone can do it. You just have to make your money work for you instead of working for it. So I told my money to go out and mow the lawn today.
At LAX, they asked if I was from Universal Studios. When I arrived in Tahiti, the customs agent asked if I'm an actor...maybe the brother of Vince Vaughn. I thought that was funny but then later found out that Vince Vaughn is here filming a movie in Bora Bora with Cameron Diaz. Guess I should've said yes. My friend Aimana is a pilot and actually flew Vince to Bora Bora.

It has been so awesome to reunite with my Tahitian family over here -the Jamets. (pronounced "Jamay") They are some of the most loving, hospitable people in the world. The most recent addition is Haureva. He is 3 months old and is the son of Tamatarei and Herehia. Tamatarei (or Tama for short) is Aimana's little brother and actually stayed at my house in Lakewood for 2 months to improve his english. The first time I met him he was 14. So it was wild to see him get married last year (for which I was a witness and signed the marriage certificate) -and now to see him as a father. It's the circle of life...

Well, practically as soon as I arrived, I was invited to go on a pretty incredible adventure. In fact, my first week here has already been one of the most amazing weeks of my life. Don't mean to sound melodramatic but it's been a WOW experience. We followed the largest pirogue (canoe) race in the world. It stretches for miles from island to island. Don't want to turn this blog into a book. So I'll expand on the race soon. We got back from Bora Bora late last night and now a nap is calling my name. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes! Your blog is great, and I know something about the night elves, they are the race I WOW power leveling when I get my first account:The reclusive Night Elves power leveling[ were the first race to awaken in the World of Warcraft Power Leveling. These shadowy, immortal beings were the first to study magic and let it loose throughout the world nearly ten thousand years before Warcraft I. The Night Elves' reckless use of magic drew the Burning Legion into the world and led to a catastrophic war between the two titanic races. The Night Elves barely managed to banish the Legion from the world, but their wondrous homeland was shattered and drowned by the sea. I love this race and suggested everyone that start their WOW power leveling a rogue or druidof night elf