Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Take A Bite Out Of Life

I read recently, "Courage isn't the absence of fear, it is pressing on in spite of it."
I've known people who were so paralyzed by the prospect of failure they wanted to avoid decision-making altogether. But I don't think they realized that avoidance is a failure in itself. If we're never willing to risk we'll be stuck in a perpetual state of limbo. I've been under the limbo stick and that's not comfortable. It's not living.
I'm so thankful to have a father who has been willing to take risks for God. He is a man of faith and God has worked through him in so many awesome ways.
Hebrews 11:1 says, "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." I want to cultivate faith and take risks for God.
So I'm going to keep biting into those chocolate candies -even when I'm not sure what the filling is.

No comments: