Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Prayer

I've been reading Philip Yancey's new book "Prayer". In case you were wondering, it's all about prayer. I've been enjoying the read. He asks some tough questions. Some he leaves just kind of hanging in the air. Some he suggests possible answers. I appreciate his honesty.
This passage caught my attention:

"I see the Christian's life on this planet as a battle...We try to follow God on a place in active rebellion against him. I don't expect prayer to make that any easier, any less problem-filled. I do expect it to give me the inner strength to keep fighting. Persistence is my way of demonstrating faith."

Whether we get answers or not, prayer gives us the strength to keep fighting the good fight. May 1st will be the first of our Tuesday night Worship & Prayer Meetings. They'll be from 7PM to 8PM and this will be a permanent part of our weekly church schedule. I've been convicted to get something like this going for awhile now. You don't see many prayer meetings in churches anymore. Maybe it's time we get back to that.

No comments: