Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Zion National Park


Just had to put this one on the blog. I made reference to it in my message last Sunday morning. It is the view you see from Angel's Landing in Zion National Park. I almost got to the top of this hike when a lady warned me that people fall off of it all the time. I told her I wanted to check it out. But then I got to a place where the rock got very slippery and steep...and then it started to rain. Rather than fall into the abyss, I turned back. This is one instance where pride could have literally sent me to my death. I killed pride instead.

2 comments:

Sara said...

We just got back from Zion and it is amazing. This was my second trip and we did the river walk. Wouldn't you like to have church there?

Pastor Paul said...

Hey Sara! That would be awesome. The last time I was in Yosemite Valley I was thinking how cool it would be to have a service right there in the middle of it all.
I'll be on the Riverwalk next week...the one in San Antonio. :)
Remember the Alamo!