Tuesday, September 11, 2007

A First For Me At Disneyland


Ok, I've got to share this. Last week I went to Disneyland with some friends. We decided to ride "It's A Small World" because we couldn't remember how the tune went. Anyway, we got on the boat and into the attraction and then I noticed we seemed to be slowing down. It then occurred to me that many of the folks in our boat were...pleasantly plump...and our boat was filled to capacity.
We bottomed out! Our boat stopped altogether. The boats in front of us faded off into the distance and the boats behind us started stacking up. Of course, there is only one river through that ride so we stopped the ride completely.
Some of us on the sides tried to push it along but a voice came over the speaker saying "please keep your hands inside the boat". We all couldn't help but laugh at our predicament.
Finally some employees showed up and tried to push us along -to no avail. So they took three people out of the boat. We were on our merry way but the boat still moved quite slow.
When I told my friend Steve Conner about this, he said I should have stood up in the boat and said, "Well, I guess it's not such a small world after all."

5 comments:

Debbie said...

HYSTERICAL - don't think I'll be boating through there any time soon!!! :o)

Leave it to Steve to come up with a great comment!!

Kim said...

It's amazing your still sane. Listening to that song over and over and over while you ride the attraction is enough but then to get stuck in there. Yowsa!!! I don't think you will forget that tune again. EVER!!! Hilarious story though. Yes, and Steve did make the best comment.

Pastor Paul said...

They really should hand out life jackets before you board. I just kept thinking about the Titanic.

Debbie said...

Paul - I know this has nothing to do with Disney, but last night was the first home fellowship for the men again and I missed you!! You and Donnie were the only ones who drank coffee and I didn't have to make it because no one wanted any. I missed you and Donnie!! Just wanted you to know.

Pastor Paul said...

Debbie! I miss you too! You are always so thoughtful to make such good stuff for the guys. So nice considering you can't even attend! Unless, of course, you are actually...Darren!