Tuesday, December 2, 2008

News About America

Well, yes, I've posted about a hundred blogs in a row. There are several reasons for this. I'm not always sure of when I'll be near a computer. I'm back at Tama and Herehia's house now in Papara and it happens to be a pretty rainy day. Tama probably thinks my fingers have become attached to the computer. But I'm glad to journal all of these things out before I forget them. Feel free to read as much or as little as you want.

Juliette has been in town and, in fact, spent the night here. I was happy to show her that I'm asking others to pray for Raiatea. She left to go home a little while ago and I had a lump in my throat. She said "a la prochaine" -which basically means "See you next time." She has left us with pai d'ananas (pineapple pie) which she specially ordered. It is delicious.

One more thing for now. At one point Tama thought I might want to hear some English on the television and mentioned that they get CNN. So I turned to that channel. But I didn't realize that there's another CNN that seems to be more European-oriented. The anchors usually have English accents and there's very little news about America. I suppose that is because Obama dominated international news for awhile and so they're now getting back to their regular programming.
But I especially got a kick out of their weather report. While hoping to catch some news, really anything, about America, I saw them go into a weather report. They mentioned specific cities throughout Europe and then closed the report by saying, "...and it's also cold throughout the United States."
Ok, so now I know. It's cold over there. Maybe these anchormen from England are still upset about that Boston Tea Party thing.

No comments: