Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Hi Yo Silver, Let's Pray


Well, I've been losing some weight lately. I'm down about 25 pounds from what I think was an all-time high for me. My gym has been very helpful. When you get going on those cardio-vascular machines and there's a bunch of people around you doing the same thing, it can be very motivating to press on. If I was just the only one in the gym I think it would take more effort to get going.
That's kind of how I feel about our Tuesday Night Worship and Prayer Meeting. Sometimes at home there are just too many interruptions and distractions. Those things can make it tough to focus and really get down to business. So instead of being a Lone Ranger pray-er, why not join us for an hour on Tuesday nights? We get here, we worship, we get down to business, and we make a difference for the kingdom.
Romans 12: 11-12 "Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer."

No comments: