Thursday, April 24, 2008

Put Your Heart Into It

Beth Moore has written a book titled, "Get Out Of That Pit". I love her humor and her honesty. Most of all I love what God has done in her life. At one point she writes:
"If you're like me, sometimes you want Him to bend the rules for you and bless your disobedience or half-heartedness. Who doesn't want a shortcut? Don't we all want God to bless our marginal cooperation with mammoth results? A powerful anointing? A stunning harvest? An entirely altered family life? A final farewell to addiction?"

Ouch. It's a good reminder that some things are just going to take a lot of time and effort. A lot of work. You've got to put your heart into it. All your heart.
Jeremiah 29:13 "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."
This conditional promise comes after the scripture that talks about the plans that He has for us -to prosper us and not to harm us -to give us a hope and a future.

No comments: