Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Pier Cafe


While in San Diego, I took a walk through SeaPort Village and spotted this place. The thought of eating there made me a little nervous. I was wondering if there was a weight limit to the restaurant and if they weigh each of the customers to make sure they're not exceeding it. Scale or no scale, I'd rather plant myself on a firm foundation. The wise man built his restaurant...on a rock, you know.
Matt. 7: 24-27 "Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash."

BAM!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

So did you eat there?

Maria T. Maguire said...

Pastor Paul,

I am glad you took the time for you and to nurture or replenish your energizing EverReady Bunny metabolism! San Diego is a beautiful place to restore one's soul and to see God's beauty at its best.
Welcome back and I could tell you were on vacation by your tan!

Your faithful Church member still,
Maria Maguire & the Terry Family

Pastor Paul said...

Debbie, (or is this actually Darren? :) I didn't eat there because I was afraid it would send the place over the weight limit. You break it...you bought it.

Maria, Thanks for the welcome home! I guess I did get some sun but usually all it takes for me to turn red is about a 20 minute walk. :)