Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Lights, Camera, Be Quiet

The other day, I suddenly found Hollywood across the street. For some reason they like to film in my neighborhood. You can spot them from quite a distance because they'll have cranes in the air holding enormous lights. To film scenes at night, they have to light it up like it's daytime.
This time they were filming a pilot for a new show on NBC. There were cops (actors) checking out a dead body in the alley. I was hoping to play the dead body but they already had someone. I wonder how many years it takes at Julliard to play a dead guy?
Then the next night they were sitting in their car, I presume, for a stake-out scene. I was taking my nightly walk and was stopped from proceeding so they could finish the scene. I felt it would've been much more realistic to let me walk down the street -as that is my custom. Maybe they just didn't like to see me waving and sending shout-outs to Mom and holding a sign that said "Come To Faith Christian Assembly In Seal Beach!" I think it would've added to the excitement of the stake-out.

No comments: