Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Don Update


It has been very hot and humid here this summer. But after reading an e-mail from Don -who is at Fort Benning in Georgia, I suddenly feel grateful for my present location!

"Things are hot here. Wednesday it was 112. The humidity kicks in and really works you over. It's a constant race to see if you can drink as much as you can sweat. Drill Sergeants are letting up even more."

I hope Don is doing well. I heard that every time they get a letter they have to do push-ups. Suddenly I feel very inspired to write him.
In this picture, he's the one in the top right corner. Keep him in your prayers!

7 comments:

Debbie said...

Boy, Don's life sure has changed, hasn't it?? So glad for him!! A friend of mine a long time ago was in the Navy and his girlfriend was sending letters all the time with little messages written on the envelope, he had to do 10 pushups for every word she wrote, plus 50 for the envelope. Then of course there was pushups or laps or something for every heart she drew! He finally told her enough! Stop writing!!!

Thanks for keeping us updated on Don - let him know the Williams miss him next time you communicate with him!

Pastor Paul said...

We have that policy here too. Except every time I get an e-mail, they force me to eat a chocolate chip cookie.
I will give him your message! :)

Unknown said...

oohh I love your policy - can I come work for you guys??!!

Unknown said...

darren...how did that happen?? it's actually Debbie!!

Pastor Paul said...

How do I really know it's you Debbie? :)

DonnaG said...

you guys are weird.... Darren is that you? Or is it Sheri?

Pastor Paul said...

I think Darren is Debbie. Have you ever actually seen them in the same room together?
And DonnaG is really a spy from France...here to find the best recipes.