Thursday, June 12, 2008

Tomatoes Done Nicely


It's nice these days to find tomatoes you can trust. (In case you haven't heard, there's a bit of a health scare happening at the moment. Salmonella has resulted in a real "attack of the killer tomatoes".)
Last night at the Bible Study, Betty Nicely gave me some cherry tomatoes that she had grown in her garden. It was reassuring as I plopped some onto a salad at lunch today that I knew where they came from and that I could trust the gardener. In a world where cows are going mad and mice don't excuse themselves to go to the powder room to take care of business, it's a wonderful thing to have your own private source of food.
Not only that but they tasted terrific and I just can't wait tooooooiekea;ria... uh, ...........ekeiaeoe;eke..........what's the number for 911?

2 comments:

Kim said...

I'm not liking this tomato scare at all. Last night I wasn't able to get tomato on my In 'n' Out Burger so I was Sad 'n' Bummed. Sure could have used some of those cherry tomatoes on my burger. HINT HINT Betty

Pastor Paul said...

lol I'm sure after this post on my blog she'll be happy to give them to you instead of me. I also had a paranoid moment when I bit into a tomato on a Subway sandwich. But I'm still kickin'.