Thursday, June 26, 2008

Happy Anniversary


I'd like to wish Jim and Wilma Nash a very happy anniversary. They got married on June 26, 1936 -which just happens to be 72 years ago today. This marriage thing just might work out for these two.

I think they're two of the sweetest people on the face of the earth. I've known them all my life. Their kids and grandkids went to our church in Santa Ana when I was a little boy. So, we'd see them on occasion. They were actually founding members of a church in Los Angeles -which eventually moved to Bellflower -which eventually moved to Seal Beach, our present location. Talk about faithfulness!

They are both in their nineties now but still very active in the life of the church. They organize and host Faith Fellowship every Tuesday in the Garden Room. This involves games & fellowship & worshiping together. Also, of course, coffee and popcorn. Jim gives me the thumbs up sign when the coffee is ready. :)

One of my favorite things about them is their love of Yosemite. My family always loved to vacation there. We would hike to Vernal Falls, which was a pretty steep hike, and, on several occasions, we just happened to find these two at the top! We hadn't even known they were there so it was quite a surprise. I've got a theory that their love of hiking may be one of the keys to their longevity.

We love them so much and are thrilled to have them here. Happy 72nd Anniversary Jim and Wilma!

No comments: