Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Canyon Hills Assembly

Well, it's only been a week and I'm already in love with the whole church. lol My first day in the church office was last Tuesday. Executive Pastor Steve Vinson had said he'd like to start things out a little slower by just taking me to breakfast. When I arrived at the restaurant I discovered that the entire staff was also joining us -which was somewhere around 14 people. It was a little overwhelming as they put me at the head of the table. I'm sure there was some curiosity as to what the new guy would bring to the table -but I was met with smiles all around.

This past Sunday morning, Senior Pastor Wendell Vinson introduced me to the entire congregation and then had me go down the aisle to the foyer as he was dismissing everyone. He instructed them all to welcome me in. Was it ever a welcome! I was so encouraged by many who were very excited to get a choir singing on a regular basis again. I guess it's been a couple of years.
I can see I'm going to have to be very careful here when it comes to eating. When I first arrived at my apartment, the refrigerator and shelves were packed with food! The pastors had asked for a key to my apartment before I arrived. I was blown away by what they did. After church this past Sunday, the staff welcomed me for my first Sunday with a prime rib lunch.
Guess the gym better be one of my more frequent stops.

7 comments:

Kim said...

We are so happy about how your new home church family has welcomed you into their lives and hearts. They are a very blessed church to have you. We miss you a lot but we know that you are in God's perfect plan.

Brandi said...

I'm so glad to see an up date on everything...because you know I'm very nosey...hee hee...I agree with Kim they are very blessed to have you on the team...I'm praying for you friend...

Pastor Paul said...

Kim, You are such an encouragement. It's exciting and scary to start something new. I love and miss you guys too. Thanks so much for your sweet words.

Brandi, Thanks so much for your prayers. It's definitely a new adventure. And I've never thought of you as nosey. :) Much love to all those Parson & Flores people.

Unknown said...

Hey Paul..Robin told me how her sister stocked your kitchen. Sounds like you will be eating well for quite some time!! That's awesome you are being taken care of!! Darren and I are going to surprise you one morning and just show up for church!! Glad things are working out for you!! Debbie

Pastor Paul said...

Debbie, There is still a ton of food in my freezer, fridge and cupboards! They stocked me with everything from steaks to Cap'n Crunch. :) Hope you guys are well and it'd be so cool to see you.

Don Croswhite said...

Paul, Paul, Paul, may the greetings of the future ease the dismissal of the past. I am so happy for you my friend. We can't wait to be a part of your exciting new venture.

Pastor Paul said...

Don,
Hey! I can't wait either! I've actually been bragging on you to people in the church...most of whom also know the Garvins. It would be so incredible to have you guys here. Sure love what you wrote. The future is more exciting than the past anyway.
Paul