Friday, March 9, 2007

And We're Back

We're back from the Pastor's Retreat! It was really cool and I hope to post a pic when I get them developed. I think I still have 9 pictures left on my fancy disposable camera. Maybe I'll just take a bunch of pictures of the Target where I get my film developed.
It was wonderful to connect with old and new friends in the CEA. And it was a refreshing time for our pastoral staff just to be together. We really feel like family.
Today we went to Gary's father's funeral. It was a beautiful service and I'm going to miss him and his sense of humor. When we'd visit Colonial Tabernacle as I was growing up, I'd always see him sitting with my grandfather in the usher's chairs at the back. Sometimes they would sneak over to my grandfather's house after taking the offering to have a piece of carrot cake. We will miss you, Dad Garry.

No comments: