Friday, March 2, 2007

God Has A Cell Phone

If you've ever been tempted to pray, "Where are you, God?" You might want to check this out...
Psalm 145:18 "The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth." The Message translation puts that: "God's there, listening for all who pray, for all who pray and mean it." At times I've prayed as if I'm leaving a message on God's answering service. Just leaving Him with all the things that I need to say. But He's never once said, "I'm sorry, I'm not in right now. Please leave a message after the Hallelujah Chorus." He is always home! He's there listening to you when you mean it. I don't think He's into mindless repetition. But if you really want to talk, give Him a call on His cell. Then you'll find out that He's nearer than you think...'live' and in person.

No comments: