Wednesday, October 24, 2007

High Noon In The Church Parking Lot















Had an exciting lunch yesterday. As I was walking through our church parking lot a car just about ran me over. It stopped, backed up, tried to exit the lot and was stopped by a police car. A cop quickly jumped out and pulled a gun on the car. I was within 10 feet of this pleasant little get-together.
The cop was yelling at the driver as I'm walking backward wondering if bullets are going to start flying. Unfortunately, I'd forgotten to bring my gun to church that day or I could've helped out. Of course, all it shoots is water so I'm not sure it would've been much help. It was kind of hot at noon though.
They got him into custody. Turns out he'd been "acting suspiciously" around a house -the owners of which the police were familiar with. When they told him to step out of the car, he took off. The end of their car chase was in our parking lot. I looked for news helicopters but I suppose there wasn't time since the chase only lasted about two blocks.
Considering my heart rate during this episode, I'm amazed and thankful that police officers are willing to take on this kind of responsibility. Not so sure I could. Think I'll buy them some donuts.

1 comment:

DonnaG said...

I swear you should write comics. Wait, did I just swear to a pastor??