Tuesday, October 30, 2007

School Of Ministry

Last Saturday we hosted the Pre-Ministerial Class for people who feel called to the Ministry. My father has organized this program and it is incredible. Unfortunately, he is quite sick right now so keep him in your prayers! He NEVER misses so I knew that he really wasn't feeling well to be absent Saturday.
One of our speakers was Robin Garvin. She spoke on Children's Ministry and she was fantastic. I so appreciate her heart for kids!
Other subjects that day were..."The Physical Fitness Of The Minister", "Moral Behavior Of The Minister", and "Personal Deportment Of The Minister". The word "deportment" means: the manner in which one conducts himself. It may seem odd but ministers, too, need to learn how to behave and conduct themselves in a proper manner when it comes to dealing with people. Especially ministers!
Saturday reminded me that I meant to post some things on this blog that I had shared about Music Ministry awhile back. So, before I let things slide on this again, I've decided to blog about this subject on Tuesdays for awhile. Hope my experience is helpful to someone.

No comments: