Tuesday, October 9, 2007

I've Been There

I went to the Post Office yesterday. While approaching I noticed 2 people looking longingly at the automatic door that was automatically staying shut. It then hit me that it was Columbus Day. I'd been in the same position last year. I remember walking up to that door and bouncing right off because it didn't open. Someone noticed my look of "huh?" and explained..."It's Columbus Day."
Well, of course, I felt like an idiot. After all those Columbus Day specials on T.V. and the Columbus Day Parade with the Nina, Pinta and the Lima Beana ships...I should have remembered it was a holiday.
So when I saw their look of confusion I knew immediately what was happening. They turned to me with little lost puppy expressions and asked, "Why?" I reminded them it was Columbus Day and their furrowed brow turned into more enlightened expressions. I was so glad to be there for them in their time of need because I knew, just one year ago, what it felt like to be turned away from the post office.
2nd Corinthians 1:3-4 "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God."

No comments: