Friday, July 6, 2007

Surfing Tahitian Airwaves


Last Saturday morning I was in the car with my Tahitian brother, Tama. Our conversation was all about his wedding -which was to occur that afternoon. I'll post some pics soon.
Then he said, "I heard your song on the radio again this week." I said, "What?" He repeated his statement and I replied that I didn't even know they were playing a song of mine. He couldn't remember the title so he told me to sing one in the car. I did and he said, "No, that's not it." Then I sang one titled "For All Time" and he said, "That's the one!" I was quite happy about that. The Christian music station has been playing it. They may like it because it features some drums and congas and percussion in the middle of it.
Sometimes at night as I'm falling asleep on the island, I can hear some native drums in the distance. Sometimes I wonder if I'll wake up in a big pot of boiling water surrounded by vegetables. But I think Tahitians like their meat lean. So I'm pretty safe for now.

No comments: