Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A Chance Of Showers


Thanksgiving is here just in time. I've had concerns lately that I'm beginning to morph into Eeyore. It's become a little too easy to complain. Complain about what? You name it! Bills. Stress. The state of the world today. The condition of the freeway. The state of conditioner in my hair. (It just makes my hair fall flat.)
So...maybe it's time to go against my nature. Instead of doing the easy thing by turning into a gloomy gus, maybe striving to "rejoice in the Lord always" is worth the effort! I don't believe Paul just jotted that down to sound like a motivational speaker. It was inspired by the Holy Spirit.
This picture is fascinating to me. We see everyone with their best face on. Such composure. Kind of like Sunday morning. But once the water hits, what happens then? I imagine some will laugh. Some will probably be furious. And some may turn into Eeyore. What would be your reaction? I'm hoping to laugh more -at the unexpected rains that come my way. Thank You, God, for wanting us to REJOICE!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Great picture. I know what you mean. Things going on in your life and/ or the world can really drain you emotionally and mentally. There are days when I can't (don't want to) watch the news because it is so depressing. I can really be a whiner too. But then I am reminded of Joseph being sold into slavery by his brothers and all that insued after that, it was all part of God's big picture. How 'bout Paul & Silas in jail, how could a loving God allow them to go thru that for doing good? How can God allow me to go thru what I am going thru? Because it is all part of His big picture for me. To grow, to stretch, to learn, to lean. I hope that I am doing more of that and less whining.

Pastor Paul said...

That's so good. And I'm glad you feel that way because Dave told me that he's just sold you into slavery. You'll be making baskets at a nice boutique in Egypt. But, no worries. We'll be around to pick you up in 400 years. :)