Saturday, November 17, 2007

This Weekend


We couldn't be more excited to have Dennis and Necole Luce with us this Sunday morning. I worked with Dennis for 10 years in Lakewood and I consider him to be, quite simply, the best youth pastor in the universe. (Although I still haven't met some on Jupiter.)
One of the things I've always appreciated about Dennis is his focus on the inerrancy of Scripture. He's always encouraged young people -and adults- to know why they believe what they believe. His style in the pulpit is very real, down to earth, often given with humor that brings the truth home.
This is a man who loves God and His people. I respect this man of God so much and encourage you not to miss him while he's here!

Sunday night, I'll be sharing the pulpit with Charles Spurgeon. (Actually, I'm not sure that he can make it.) So, I'd like to share something that he's written that I find to be quite beautiful. Isaiah 53 speaks of Christ being numbered with the transgressors. The Message puts it, "He embraced the company of the lowest. He took on his own shoulders the sin of the many, he took up the cause of all the black sheep." The more you think about this, the more incredible it becomes. He left the incredible company of heaven...to be listed with the lowest of the low. In what ways did He do this? And why? Join us!

1 comment:

Kim said...

It was so great to see Dennis, Necole and the kids and to hear him speak. He is one of my favorite speakers. He always makes me think and brings things to life in the Bible. I agree with you on the best youth pastor thing. As Matt and I say about such things, he is the best "to infinity and beyond." (Yes we borrowed the saying from Buzz Lightyear).